Sunday, October 14, 2012

Superstars & Supergroups

Last night I went to a show at South's Juniors League Club with a friend. She had free tickets from her parents who weren't able to attend. Neither of us knew anything about the show, and I was a little worried that it might be a bit cheesy.

It turned out the show was The Williams Brothers doing songs they sang growing up. And ok, there was a little bit of cheese when one of the brothers sang Tom Jones and Elvis songs and he did some weird moves (I think they were supposed to be sexy moves) hehe. 

But overall it was a fun night!! It's funny how many of the songs they sang have been covered by different artists for the soundtrack of some of my favourite movies! The ones I can remember are:

I'm A Beliver  from Shrek
Twist & Shout from Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Unchained Melody from Ghost (This actually isn't one of my favourite movies)
How Do You Mend A Broken Heart from Notting Hill (This is my favourite soundtrack!)

I think there was another one, but I forget it now. Just after I told my friend that I'm not a Bee Gees fan, they sang How Do You Mend A Broken Heart as part of their Bee Gees set. *Sigh* who knew!!

Oh I remember another one
Mrs Robinson from The Graduate (I haven't actually seen this movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment