Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Suspect - Michael Robotham

I've been wanting to read a Michael Robotham book for a while now, his books are popular at the library where I work and I recently discovered he may have come from my home town. I was looking for books to take, read and leave behind for my dad to read when I went home for Easter. This suited my requirements - it was a paperback, and wasn't about war. It also is one of
the books I wanted to read for the Aussie Challenge.
 
It took a while to get into this book, luckily I had the time and patience to persevere. I have no qualms about giving up on a book that doesn't grab me by the first 100 pages or so.

The suspect is the story of Joe O'Loughlin, a psychologist with early onset Parkinson. He's in a bit of denial about his disease for most of the book. Joe becomes the main suspect for the murder of Catherine McBride, a former colleague and patient. Joe thinks that his patient Bobby Moran has something to do with the murder, even though he doesn't fit the profile that Joe himself comes up with. There are twists, and more bodies before the murder is solved. You have to read the book to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment