Monday, January 3, 2011

How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe - Charles Yu

About the Book
Charles is a time machine repair man who is avoiding work as much as possible. One day he meets himself and his action that follow get him caught in a time loop... or do they?


My Thoughts

I am a sucker for time travel books. I enjoyed this book and the concepts that were discussed, such as purchasing a time loop where you relive a favourite moment again and again. But I wasn't wowed by it. I think it is quite similar to Time Machines Repaired While You Wait by K A Bedford, which I read a couple of years ago. My favourite character was Ed the dog, and also the boss who is a computer program, but spends most of the novel thinking he's human and has a wife.

There was also an interesting side story of writing a book that was never written, when Charles is given a copy of a book he wrote by the future him. However, the book gets written when Charles reads it. I'm going to use this to include in the Bibliophilic Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment