Friday, August 17, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter
Director: Drew Goddard 
2012

About The Movie
Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States, discovers vampires are planning to take over the United States. He makes it his mission to eliminate them. (from IMDB)

My Thoughts
Huh... this was an odd movie. I didn't know much about this movie before I went to see it... except that it was based on a book by the guy who did the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies books, Seth Grahame-Smith. I thought it might be a bit funny, and there were some funny moments but it was mostly a serious movie.

I realised that I don't know much about American history. I know who Abraham Lincoln was... but that was about it. I didn't know that his son died young.... or probably even that he had children... 

Hmm it's a week since I saw the movie and I've been blocking it out apparently. It was odd... we were early to the cinema and when I looked it up online there was a "normal" version on at 9.15pm. Only when we went to get the tickets it was a 3D version on at 9.20pm. *sigh* I am not a fan of 3d. Most movies that are done in 3d don't take advantage of what can be done. There were no knives or axes flying towards us and the flock of bats flew away from us instead of towards. How boring! And what is with that stupid pause mid flight??!! It is sooo annoying and ridiculous!! The Matrix has a lot to answer for.

I like how the vampire bits were blended in with the historical fact bits. I liked Abraham's mentor Henry Sturgess... but really it could have been more fun! I guess this comes from me liking the more light hearted vampire fare such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Twilight and well just those really. However I do like the Underworld and Blade movies too. I guess my expectations of something quirky just got in the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment