Friday, August 3, 2012

The Amazing Spiderman

The Amazing Spider-Man
Directed By Marc Webb

About the Movie
The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker, an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May . Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance - leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero. -- (C) Sony

My Thoughts
I'd never been won over by the whole Spider-man thing. The most recent movies just didn't do anything for me... and I'm not a particular fan of Tobey McGuire. I am a fan however of Martin Sheen, Dennis Leary and Emma Stone apparently and as they are all in this movie how could it go wrong? Besides Andrew Garfield who plays Peter Parker has a funny fake grin, who can resist that?

The friend who I saw it with didn't like it as much as the Tobey Maguire Spider-man. She said that the previous trilogy was lighter and focussed more on romance. Now I don't remember if I've seen it all the way through but there are some things in this Spider-man that I really don't remember seeing in the previous one, which I don't want to give away for anyone who hasn't seen it yet... My friend also missed MJ... and felt Spiderman was cheating on her! Erm that's MJ not my friend... Anyhoo... I didn't mind that it was dark, and disputed that the previous ones weren't. I quite enjoyed the quirky humour and the relationship that developed between Peter and Gwen.



Looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment