Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Man Booker Longlist Announced

The longlist for the Man Booker Prize was announced on 27 July. I don't usually find out who's on the long list, until the shortlist, or the winner is announced. How on the ball am I! Not only on the ball finding out the list, but I've started reading one of the titles. Skippy dies by Paul Murray was talked about at Book Chat last month. I just started it last night and didn't want to put it down.

Now I'm thinking of reading my way through the longlist. We don't have all the titles at the library, but I'm sure I can pick them up along the way. Maybe it can be my goal when I'm in the UK to find the less well known books while I'm there! It does mean giving The Slap another chance though... I started it, but really didn't like or care enough about the characters to bother finishing it.

Oh the long list
Peter Carey - Parrot and Olivier in America (Faber and Faber)
Emma Donoghue - Room (Pan MacMillan - Picador)
Helen Dunmore - The Betrayal (Penguin - Fig Tree)
Damon Galgut - In a Strange Room (Grove Atlantic - Atlantic Books)
Howard Jacobson - The Finkler Question (Bloomsbury)
Andrea Levy - The Long Song(Headline Publishing Group - Headline Review)
Tom McCarthy - C (Random House - Jonathan Cape)
David Mitchell - The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet  (Hodder & Stoughton -
Sceptre)
Lisa Moore - February (Random House - Chatto & Windus)
Paul Murray - Skippy Dies (Penguin - Hamish Hamilton)
Rose Tremain - Trespass (Random House - Chatto & Windus)
Christos Tsiolkas - The Slap (Grove Atlantic - Tuskar Rock)
Alan Warner - The Stars in the Bright Sky (Random House - Jonathan Cape)

No comments:

Post a Comment