Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Murder Farm - Andrea Maria Schenkel

In keeping with my current reading binge, I picked The murder farm off the library shelves because of it's size. It is 181 pages, which I can usually read in a day if it's not too hard to read, or concentrate on. I started this at 10.30pm on Tuesday night and told myself I'd just read for half an hour. At the end of half an hour I didn't want to put the book down and had to read 10 more pages.

This is an usually told story. It has 3rd person narratives of a selection of characters. Then it has 1st person narrative of different people who knew the people who lived on the farm. It sounded like they were talking to the police about what they knew of the family and of the days leading up to
and after the murder. I don't know what it was, but it created a feeling of menace when I was reading. You never quite know what's lead to the murder, and the family is portrayed as not very nice.

I rate this as one of the best reads for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment