Tuesday, July 27, 2010

June Roundup

June was oddly a great month for reading. I managed to get through a record 20 books this month. There was a wide range of titles and genres, making for an overall satisfying reading month. So at half way through the year I'm up to 50 books, which is a good sign I think.
I revisited a couple of favourite reads with the first 2 books in the Harry Potter series, and the first of the Hitch Hiker's guide series. A good friend was insistent on my reading the whole series, unfortunately I was missing the 3rd book so it will have to wait until July. I also reread The
kite runner for one book club and Notes on a Scandal for the other. I'm still thinking about my reaction to Notes on a Scandal and think it might be one of the top 5 for the month. Hehe it's not very often that I get to have a top 5.

The books read were:
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
Who moved my blackberry - Lucy Kellaway
Foundation - Isaac Asimov
Marked - P.C & Kirsten Cast
Brooklyn - Colm Toibin
Betrayed - P. C & Kirsten Cast
Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone - J. K. Rowling
Harry potter and the chamber of secrets - J. K Rowling
Notes on a scandal - Zoe Heller
The second short life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer
Toxic beauty - Caroline B Cooney
Green angel - Alice Hoffman
The foretelling - Alice Hoffman
Tamburlaine must die - Louise Welsh
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy - Douglas Adams
Restaurant at the end of the universe - Douglas Adams
Quest: Sam Silverthorne bk 1 - Gary Crew
In the Miso Soup - Ryu Murakami
The murder farm - Maria Andrea Schenkel
The burning wire - Jeffery Deaver

This brings my total for the 100+ Reading Challenge to 51, for the Aussie Author Challenge to 5, Buck-a-book challenge to $51 and Bibiliophilic challenge to 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment