Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 Roundup

Huh, it's been 9 months since I last posted. That's pretty bad. I could have had a baby in that time... I didn't though!! I got engaged and have been busy with wedding plans and well life really... oh and reading!!

I read a total of 60 books in 2013, which is quite good. Although I only managed to finish 16 books in the second half of the year! I may get around to posting the reviews I wrote offline, but I may not...


One of the members of the Wednesday book group asked if I had the Guinness World Record for the number of unfinished books! Shamed. However, I only had one month where I didn't finish any books. That's less than last year!!

There is a mix of fiction and non fiction titles in this list, as apparently I've been in the mood to read a bit of non fiction lately. As I went through my list, I thought a couple of times to myself 'oh was that this year?'. My favourite titles from this year are, in no particular order: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, Oranges & Sunshine by Margaret Humphries, The Happiest Refugee by Anh Do, Local Wildlife by Robert Drewe, Wool by Hugh Howey and both the Danny Wallace books. 

Here is a round up of the titles I finished.

December
The Tournament - Matthew Reilly
Burial Rites - Hannah Kent
Floodline - Kathryn Heyman

November
Animal Farm - George Orwell

October
The End: The human experience of death - Bianca Nogrady
Navel Gazing: One woman's quest for a size normal - Anne Putnam
The Book of Why - Nicholas Montemarano
The Happiest Refugee - Anh Do

September

August
Into My Arms - Kylie Ladd
Coming Clean - Kimberley Rae Miller
Local Wildlife - Robert Drewe
Etiquette & Espionage - Gail Carriger
More Awkward Situations for Men - Danny Wallace
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

July
The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barbery
The Last Runaway - Tracy Chevailer

June
Fractured - Dawn Barker
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
Little Coffee Shop of Kabul - Deborah Rodriguez
Awkward Situations for Men - Danny Wallace
Fever - Mary Beth Keane

May
Legacy - Larissa Behrendt
Listening to Country:A journey to the heart of what it means to belong - Ros Moriarty

April
Alias Grace - Margaret Atwood
No, I Don't Need Reading Glasses - Virginia Ironside
Sister - Rosamund Lupton
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce

March
Books Can Be Deceiving - Jenn Mckinlay
The Dinner - Herman Koch
The Engagement - Chloe Hooper
Great House - Nicola Krauss
Sex, Lies and Bonsai - Lisa Walker
The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating - Elisabeth Tova Bailey
Get Well Soon: My (un)brilliant career as a nurse - Kristy Chambers
Jew - D. O. Dodd
The Library of Unrequited Love - Sophie Divry
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Off the Road: a modern day walk down the pilgrim's route into Spain - Jack Hitt

February
State of Wonder - Ann Patchett
The Young Widow's Book of Home Improvement - Virginia Lloyd
The Starlite Drive-In - Marjorie Reynolds
The Good Psychologist - Noam Shpancer
Wool - Hugh Howey
Oranges and Sunshine - Margaret Humphries
8 States of Catastrophe - Karenlee Thompson
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
The Flight of Gemma Hardy - Margot Livesey

January

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green & David Leviathan
The Lighthouse - Alison Moore
This Isn't the Sort of Thing That Happens to Someone Like You - Jon McGregor
The Maltese Falcon - Dashiel Hammett
Everyday - David Leviathan
Travels in the Scriptorium - Paul Auster
Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips journal - Chris Colfer
Unholy Pilgrims: How one man thought walking 800 kilometers across Spain would sort out his life - Tom Trumble
Then - Julie Myerson
We Don't Live Here Anymore - Matt Nable
The Cleaner of Chartres - Sally Vickers
The Light Between Oceans - M. L. Stedman
A Corner of White - Jaclyn Moriarty

No comments:

Post a Comment