Saturday, January 18, 2014

Grave Peril (Book 3 of the Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher

Grave Peril - Dresden Files Bk 3
Jim Butcher
Orbit, 2001
p426

Reading Challenges
100+ Challenge
Series Challenge
TBR Challenge

About The Book
Ghosts are being stirred up and tormented by The Nightmare. Harry, Chicago's only wizard for hire, is on the case. He has to solve it before it attacks any more mortals.

My Thoughts
I read on Good Reads that this is the beginning of the series getting really good. I don't know if I read too many Dresden Files books too close together, but this one didn't really do anything for me. It was good, and had the action I've come to expect after 2 books. Book 2 was just so great that I guess this one had a lot to live up to and it didn't quite make it for me at least. I think that it is a problem with me, not with the book.

We do get to find out more about Harry's background in this book and I like the way his character is being developed. Susan annoyed me in the first half of the book. Is she really just dating Harry to get a story? I found that a bit too much and began not to like her. I like how the author puts his own spin on vampires and werewolves to give the myths a new lease on life. This one focused on ghosts and vampires. With vampires being an ugly creature underneath the human exterior.

I am going to take a break from this series for a little while and will come back to it later.



No comments:

Post a Comment